The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
God’s Big Picture – Worship mini-series (Pt 3)
Pete Cowley concludes our mini-series on Worship in God's Big Picture.
How do we worship?
1) As Family
- Jesus is essential
Rom 3:23, I Tim 2:5-6a, Rom 5:8, John 1:1
- I am adopted into His family / I encounter His love
2 Cor 5:17, Rom 6:23, Rom 8:25
- His Spirit dwells in us as His children
John 16:13, John 14:23, John 14:26
- His love flows out of us
Col 1:27, 1 John 4:19
- The promise is for our children / There is no junior Holy Spirit!
Matt 19:14, Deut 6:7, Prov 22:6
2) In preparation
- Myth 1: I'm here to be entertained
Myth Buster: I Cor 14:26-28 - Each one has / Everything must be done / Spiritual gifts
- Myth 2: I'm the entertainer
Myth Buster: Matt 18:20 - We are reliant on God being with us.
- Right Preparation / Worship that starts in the heart
I Sam 13:14, Deut 5:6 - Come ready to receive, respond and do others good!
- God Himself sings
- Singing engages us with truth / I come away edified
- Singing engages our emotions / I stop listening to myself, and start singing to myself!
- Singing helps us express our unity in God
- There is singing in heaven