The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever amen.
Simon Elliott finishes off our Lord's Prayer series, and what a great series it's been. Teaching us how to pray as the lord taught us.
Key verses: Matthew 6:1-18, Luke 11:1-4; Psalms 47,93,97,145; John 1:1-14; 1 Chron 29:10-13“For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the Glory for ever and ever Amen”
- a series to help us pray
- Prayer follows Hebrew poetic form that you find in some psalms
- A worship time as well as a prayer
- doxology = Words of Glory
“If these words are not from the lips of Jesus, they certainly reflect his mind”
What does it mean?
- Kingdom = God’s sovereign rule
- Power = God’s ultimate ability to bring about his will and rule
- Glory = recognition of his Kingdom and Power
- AMEN = I agree, I bring myself under God’s truth
The Christmas connection
- Look who’s talking
- Humility not arrogance should always characterise the Christian walk
- Spend some time over Christmas reading through the psalms listed above
- Try rewriting the Lord’s prayer in your own words to express the truths we have unpacked over the series
- In your community group talk about how we might need to bring ourselves into the truth of the Lord’s prayer
- How might we make sure we remain humble in the expression of our faith to those around us?
Sermon Topics: Prayer