The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
Prayer – Guidance
Key Bible Verses:
1 Samuel 3:10; Psalm 32:8-9; Proverbs 2:1-5; Psalm 119:105; Jeremiah 33:3;
Isaiah 30:21; John 10:27; Acts 13:2; Acts 16:9-10;
Is that you speaking, Lord?
- Does it fit with God’s character?
- Does it align to the bible?
- Does it fit with your own character?
- Is it wise (sensible)?
- What do trusted friends think?
Reasons we don’t hear or respond to God:
1. The fear of the unknown - lack of control
2. The worry of consequences - if we get it wrong / or make mistakes.
3. The potential of humiliation - ‘what do people think of me?’
4. The impatience of waiting without trying to solve it myself
5. The cost of personal loss – financial, relational, lifestyle.
6. The uncertainty of going outside my comfort zone
7. The reality of our emotions / past disappointments.
- Is there enough quietness in your life for you to hear the whispers of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you have the guts to carry out His promptings, even though you might not understand them fully?
- Will you commit yourself to allowing the Spirit to fully inform your decision-making?
Surprised by the Voice of God - Jack Deere
The Power of a Whisper (Hearing from God. Having the guts to respond) - Bill Hybels
Sermon Topics: Prayer