The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
Key Scriptures: Mark 1: 21 – 39, Ephesians 2:6, Mark 16:17-18, Genesis 1:1-3, John 1:1-3, Hebrews 1:2-3, Colossians 1:16, Ephesians 1:21-23, Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus' authority and teaching are at another level, receive it afresh?
- Recognise who is in the room, don't just practise Christianity in a detached way, Ask the plumber..!
- It's the same bloke!
- This kind of relationship with Jesus isn't accidental it's invitational. Ask him.
- The game changer in Capernaum was when the authority of Jesus was acknowledged
- When His authority was acknowledged their faith in Him rose and the kingdom of heaven came like never before. (Mark 1:32,33 That evening at sunset they brought to him all who were sick - the whole city gathered at the door!)
- Your faith, your biblical expectation, what you dare to see or pray for, will rise or fall depending on your understanding and revelation of the authority of Jesus.
- You are seated in Him, He walks by your side and commissions you to heal and bring the kingdom of heaven to earth in His name!
- How do I see Jesus' authority? How should I?
- Do I believe that I stand and walk in His authority? How should I?
- How does that shape my faith and my biblical expectations of what I will see when I pray?
- Build faith by sharing stories of healing then pray for the sick/afflicted believing it's Jesus' authority we rely on not ours.
Sermon Topics: Mark