The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
1 Corinthians 13 – Loves Sound
Key Verses: 1 Cor 13, John 3:16, 1 John 3:16, 1 John 3:14, Rom 5:8, Gal 5:22
• Storge (Family), Phileo (Friends), Eros (Romantic), Agape (Sacrificial)
• It’s all about Jesus….Rom 5:8
• ….in the gathered church. Not just what you do, it’s how you do it.
Loves Silence: v1-3
• Lots of noise, but love under-valued.
• Warning: 1 John 3:14 – Whoever does not love, abides in death.
o Josiah Gregory “People of little religion are always noisy; he who has not the love of God and man filling his heart is like an empty wagon coming violently down a hill: it makes a great noise, because there is nothing in it.”
Loves Sound: v4-7
• Points us to Jesus. We must encounter His love first.
• Our invitation to fruitfulness. John 15:5 – Whoever abides in me….will bear much fruit.
Loves Resonance: v8-13
• Life through a different lens, God’s future
• Love never ends. Jesus will sound the final note of the scale.
• The highway: Love is the foundation and who we fix our eyes on as we press on.
• Are we resonating with love, or making the same noise as pagans?
• Are we fixing our eyes on Jesus, or on the stuff that we do?
• Are we allowing his love shape your words, attitudes and actions towards each other?
• Are we looking forward with faith, hope and ultimately love?
Sermon Topics: Loves sound