The Jubilee Community Centre is a 44,000 square feet building in East Grinstead, bought and refurbished by the generosity of church members, which not only meets the needs of all church activities but also provides a modern and flexible resource for the local and business communities.
Love is not proud
Summary - Love is Not Proud and does not boast
1 Cor 13:1-13; 1 John 2:15-17; Romans 3:23-28;
1 Cor 4:6-7; Mark 1:7; John 13:1-17: Phil 2:1-11
How might pride and boasting present itself? Symptoms and signs
1. An attitude that says “Boys and girls, I am better than you, I have the best opinion ALWAYS”.
2. The Peacock. Blowing your own trumpet. Problem accepting authority?
3. Unwillingness to seek help or to accept help. Too big to serve in a certain area and a certain way?
Why shouldn't I be proud or boast
1. There is nothing I have that I have not been given.
2. I don’t determine greatness. God does.
3. God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble and rewards humility.
1. I have the attitude of Christ, and I will serve anywhere and in whatever capacity God calls and wants me to.
2. I am confident in Christ. I don’t always have to be heard or seen. I treat others with respect.
3. I am genuinely very thankful and grateful, and I rejoice and am glad in the achievements of others.
4. “Ladies and gentlemen, I accept that I don't know it all and I am wrong sometimes”
I will love God and you, my sisters, brothers, and my neighbour and serve you in humility by the enabling grace of God
Questions for thought, discussion and action
1. What can I do (am I doing, do more or better) to make the Church of Christ,
which I am a part of, grow at JCC?
2. How can I, in the areas I have identified pride, with the help of the Holy Spirit,
lose my pride and grow in humility?
3. What is the difference between humility and timidity?