In 2 Corinthians 8:7 Paul writes, ‘But since you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you – see that you also excel in this grace of giving.’
We believe that Jubilee Community Church (JCC) is a church that excels in many things too. And among them would be our giving. Thank you for your ongoing generosity – we don’t take it for granted.
At JCC we teach the principle of stewardship and as part of this we encourage everyone to do a REGULAR GIVING REVIEW. If you call JCC your home, then we encourage you to read this blog and prayerfully reflect on what step to take.
If you have not been a regular contributor to JCC then why not step in? If you are one of those who faithfully gives, then please review that in the light of God’s blessing and consider how you are able to step up your giving. The important thing is that each of us keeps on taking steps in our discipleship – which includes our giving.
In chapter 9 (vv6-7), Paul goes on to write: ‘Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.’
We should give cheerfully (2 Cor. 9:7), secretly (Mt 6), thoughtfully (1 Cor. 16:3), efficiently & wisely.
SO….why not take a step:
- REGULAR Giving – STEP IN AND MAKE A START. However small the step, giving for the first time begins the journey.
- STRATEGIC Giving – STEP UP AND GIVE MORE REGULARLY AND TOWARDS 10% Commit to giving every month.
- GENEROUS Giving – TAKE A FURTHER STEP AND REGULARLY GIVE 10% Increase the amount you give.
- EXTRAVAGANT Giving – STEP INTO GIVING OVER AND ABOVE! Give 10%…and then give more in proportion to your income or through Gift Days.
AN EXTRA 25% FOR FREE? GIFT AID:
If you are a taxpayer we are able to claim an extra £2.50 from HMRC for every £10 you give – at no cost to you – from the tax you have paid or will pay. For the church to reclaim the tax there is now just one simple method of giving for tax-payers. Gift aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities whether as one-off lump sums or regular donations. Donors must:
- Pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax themselves to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim
- Give the church a gift-aid declaration
A gift-aid declaration form is available for you to complete — ask the gift-aid administrator.
GIVING REGULARLY BY STANDING ORDER:
Our preference is for people to give via Standing Order with their bank, if at all possible. However, if you prefer, you an give by cash, cheque or card.
Account details: Lloyds Bank, PO Box 1000, Andover, BX1 1LT
Sort Code: 30-97-90
Account Number: 32340560
Account name: Jubilee Community Church
Please contact Stuart Maclean at email@example.com for more details or for more help on giving to JCC