The Marriage Course is a seven-session course set in a fantastic atmosphere at the Jubilee Community Centre, East Grinstead. Participants are served with a candlelit meal and coffee, tea and dessert at a romantic table for two while listening to practical talks that are informative and fun, either given live or played on DVD.
The next course begins on Wednesday 3 May at 7.30 pm until 10.00 pm and will continue on six further Wednesdays at the same time: May 10, May 17, May 24 – then a Half Term Break – and June 14, June 21 and June 28, 2017.
There is never any group work and you will never be asked to share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner.
Why do the Marriage Course?
Regular check-ups help a car run smoothly and reduce the risk of breakdown. The best sports professionals spend hours being coached and perfecting their technique. The greatest achievements in life take practice, training and dedication.
It is the same with marriage. A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive. We can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage better.
What to expect
The course takes place over seven evenings. We start with a meal at 7.30 pm and each session includes:
• A fantastic atmosphere that many say feels like a date night. A great atmosphere and a friendly welcome.
• A meal at a romantic table for two giving you space to relax and chat.
• Practical talks that are informative and fun, either given live or played on DVD. They include filmed clips of couples sharing their own experiences and street interviews from around the world.
• Coffee and private discussion time as a couple. You will be given topics to discuss with your partner. Music is played so you can’t hear couples on other tables and they can’t hear you!
• No group work, so relax – you will not have to share anything about your relationship with anyone else.
• Homework – at the end of each session you are given some homework to do together. This will help you to build on what you have learnt and give you the opportunity to apply it to your relationship. Don’t worry – it won’t be marked! It isn’t looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit.
• The course fee – per couple – which includes 14 two course meals and two copies of the course manual is £96.00. It may be paid in two instalments of £48.00, one at the beginning of the course and one halfway through.
To find out more and to book your place telephone 01342 326730 or click here.